- This event has passed.
2021 PEATC Parent and Youth Empowerment Summit
September 18 @ 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
PEATC is pleased to announce our 2021 Parent and Youth Empowerment (PYE) Summit which will be held on Saturday, September 18th at the Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, Virginia.
The goals of the Summit are to increase parents’ capacity to help their children with disabilities improve their secondary school learning and post-secondary outcomes and to increase the capacity of youth to be effective self-advocates.
PEATC views this Summit as an opportunity to provide youth with disabilities (ages 12-22) and their parents the opportunity to gather valuable information from presentations and exhibitors, to network and to connect with other families. Youth and parents should leave the PYE Summit feeling empowered by the experience.
The Summit will consist of break-out sessions with concurrent Parent and Self-Advocate (ages 12-22) tracks.
There is a $25 registration fee, which will be refunded to those who attend the Summit in its entirety.
This fee includes:
– Summit admission for youth self-advocates (ages 12-22) and parents/guardians. (At least one adult is required to attend the Summit.)
– Breakfast and lunch for registered attendees of Summit. (Families have an option to pay for meal vouchers for family members that are not attending the Summit.)
– Two-night hotel accommodation upon request -Friday, September 17th and Saturday, September 18th. Rooms sleep up to 6 people (2 beds and a pull out couch). Includes water park passes for those in the room (up to 6 people).
** Refunds will ONLY be issued to those who are not accepted to be participants by PEATC. Cancellations by registrants after they have received a confirmation will NOT result in refunds. **
– Registration Pick-Up : Friday, 4:30pm-5:30pm OR Saturday, 8:00am-8:45am
– Breakfast and Vendor Visits: Saturday, 8:00am-8:50am
– Summit Kick-Off: Saturday, 9:00am
– Closing Remarks: Saturday, 2:00pm
This event is for Virginia residents only!!
Spaces are limited.
You must receive a confirmation to attend this event and you must commit to participating in the Summit.
** Please make accommodations for youth/children who are not attending the Summit. Children under the age of 12 and/or children without disabilities are unable to attend the Summit workshops and must have a parent/caregiver with them at all times.**
Contact PEATC at 800-869-6782 or email@example.com with any questions; please do not contact the venue directly.