At PEATC we are committed to “Building better Futures for Virginia’s Children.”
We are committed to reaching all families, including traditionally underserved families who face additional obstacles in accessing special education and disability services in Virginia.
We strive to provide parents with the tools, information, and resources needed to effectively navigate special education and become their child’s best advocate.
It is very important, when expressing concerns about your child’s educational services or when requesting something from the school division, that you do so in writing. That way, you have a record of your request.
Sometimes it can be hard to know exactly what to include in your communication with the school division. To make things easier, PEATC has developed a series of sample emails/letters in a variety of areas that you can use as the basis for your request(s). The templates include the basic information that may be important to communicate and point out where you should put in personal details about your child or the particular situation or request.
Of course, you can change these templates in any way you want. They are simply an additional resource available to you to hopefully make the process of communication with your school team easier.
If you have any questions you can always reach out to PEATC for one-on-one assistance.
- Audio Recording A Meeting
- Bullying Incident for a Child with a 504 Plan
- Bullying Incident for a Child with an IEP
- Notifying School about Bullying
- Parental Concerns about IEP
- Requesting an Evaluation
- Requesting an FBA-BIP
- Requesting an IEP Meeting for Extended Year Services
- Requesting an IEP Meeting
- Requesting an Independent Education Evaluation (IEE)
- Requesting an Initial Evaluation
- Requesting a Transition IEP Meeting
- Requesting Prior Written Notice
- Scheduling Meetings – Mutually Agreeable Time and Location