Anatomy of an IEP (Special Education Workshop Series – Summer 2023)
July 26 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
PEATC presents this virtual workshop series for parents and professionals who want to learn more about special education in Virginia.
Register once to attend some or all of the informative workshops!
- July 12th: From Referral to Eligibility
- July 26th: Anatomy of an IEP: We’re breaking down the Individualized Education Program (IEP) and how each section builds on the other to develop an effective IEP. We’ll discuss the parts of the IEP, the why of each section, and how it all comes together. You will learn practical tips to help create an IEP that supports your student’s access to a free and appropriate public education (FAPE).
- August 9th: Measurable IEP Goals
- August 23rd: Ins and Outs of IEP Meetings
- September 6th: Dispute Resolution Options in Virginia
Each workshop will start at 6:30 pm and will last approximately 1 to 1.5 hours.