Anatomy of an IEP (Fall Special Education Series)
October 18 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
PEATC presents this virtual workshop series for parents and professionals who want to learn more about special education in Virginia. Register once to attend some orall of the informative workshops!
- October 4th: From Referral to Eligibility
- October 18th: Anatomy of an IEP: We’re breaking down the Individualized Education Program (IEP) and how each section builds on the other to develop an effective IEP. We’ll discuss the parts of the IEP, the why of each section, and how it all comes together. You will learn practical tips to help create an IEP that supports your student’s access to a free and appropriate public education (FAPE).
- November 1st: Measurable IEP Goals
- November 15th: Ins and Outs of IEP Meetings
- December 6th: Dispute Resolution Options in Virginia
Each workshop will start at 6:30 pm and will last approximately 1 to 1.5 hours. These sessions will not be recorded.