Dispute Resolution Options in Virginia (Fall Special Education Series)
December 6 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
PEATC presents this virtual workshop series for parents and professionals who want to learn more about special education in Virginia. Register once to attend some orall of the informative workshops!
- October 4th: From Referral to Eligibility
- October 18th: Anatomy of an IEP
- November 1st: Measurable IEP Goals
- November 15th: Ins and Outs of IEP Meetings
- December 6th: Dispute Resolution Options in Virginia: Even when we do our best to collaborate and reach an agreement, things don’t always go right at IEP meetings or other special education proceedings. That is why the law makes dispute resolution options available to families (and to schools). While this process can be stressful, information is power; the more you know, the more prepared you will be if things don’t go as planned. This presentation will describe dispute resolution options, how they work, and when it may be best to use a specific option. Being knowledgeable will help you make the best decisions for your child as you work to ensure that their rights are protected.
Each workshop will start at 6:30 pm and will last approximately 1 to 1.5 hours. These sessions will not be recorded.