From Referral to Eligibility (Fall Special Education Series)
October 4 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
PEATC presents this virtual workshop series for parents and professionals who want to learn more about special education in Virginia. Register once to attend some or all of the informative workshops!
- October 4th: From Referral to Eligibility: We will discuss why an evaluation for special education services is necessary, how to make a referral, key timelines for the special education process, and what to expect during the eligibility meeting. We will also go over Independent Educational Evaluations (IEE) and reasons to request an IEE.
- October 18th: Anatomy of an IEP
- November 1st: Measurable IEP Goals
- November 15th: Ins and Outs of IEP Meetings
- December 6th: Dispute Resolution Options in Virginia
Each workshop will start at 6:30 pm and will last approximately 1 to 1.5 hours. These sessions will not be recorded.