- This event has passed.
Measurable IEP Goals (Special Education Workshop Series – Spring Fling 2023)
May 17 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
PEATC presents this virtual workshop series for parents and professionals who want to learn more about special education in Virginia.
Register once to attend some or all of the informative workshops!
- May 3rd: From Referral to Eligibility
- May 10th: Anatomy of an IEP
- May 17th: Measurable IEP Goals: What is a measurable IEP goal? Why do we need them? What kinds of IEP goals should my child have? Are my child’s IEP goals ambitious? In this workshop, we’ll talk about what a measurable annual goal is, discuss high expectations, and provide a basic understanding of the types of goals and how they are determined. We’ll also discuss how benchmarks and short-term objectives help the IEP team monitor progress made.
- May 31st: Ins and Outs of IEP Meetings
- June 7th: Dispute Resolution Options in Virginia
Each workshop will start at 6:30 pm and will last approximately 1 to 1.5 hours.