Transition University 2021 – WINTER
Presented by PEATC in collaboration with the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE)
February 6, 2021 – March 26, 2021
Join us for this FREE 5-week SELF-PACED online course that focuses on providing parent-friendly transition information to help make transition planning easier. This course is designed for parents/caregivers of elementary, middle or high school students that receive special education services. The goal is to share factual information on transition services and to help make the transition from school
services to the adult services world less confusing. Participants who complete the full course will receive a certificate of completion showing 6.5 hours.
Topics covered in this course will include:
- What do we mean by Transition and Why is it Important?
- Supported Decision Making, Power of Attorney, Guardianship, and Age of Majority
- Future Planning including Special Needs Trust, ABLE Accounts, and Letters of Intent
- Transitioning into Independent Living (employment, further education, housing, etc.)
- Connecting to Your Community and to Adult Services and much more!
Winter 2021: February 6 – March 26