- This event has passed.
Anatomy of an IEP (Special Education Workshop Series – Spring Fling 2023)
May 10 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
PEATC presents this virtual workshop series for parents and professionals who want to learn more about special education in Virginia.
Register once to attend some or all of the informative workshops!
- May 3rd: From Referral to Eligibility
- May 10th: Anatomy of an IEP: We’re breaking down the Individualized Education Program (IEP) and how each section builds on the other to develop an effective IEP. We’ll discuss the parts of the IEP, the why of each section, and how it all comes together. You will learn practical tips to help create an IEP that supports your student’s access to a free and appropriate public education (FAPE).
- May 17th: Measurable IEP Goals
- May 31st: Ins and Outs of IEP Meetings
- June 7th: Dispute Resolution Options in Virginia
Each workshop will start at 6:30 pm and will last approximately 1 to 1.5 hours.