Early Childhood Academy (ECA)
May 10 @ 8:00 am – June 23 @ 11:30 pm
You are your child’s first and most important teacher. Your involvement in the early years is essential to setting a strong foundation for their lifelong learning and success.
In this FREE 5-week online program, families of children with disabilities learn about supporting their child’s early learning and development – from developmental milestones to tips on our most frequently asked questions including information on making the transition from early intervention to school services easier.
Early Childhood Academy is designed so busy families can learn on their own schedule with new sessions opening weekly and available anytime – day or night. Participants who complete all sessions receive a certificate of completion with 9 contact hours.
Learn about –
- Key roles in family engagement
- Parents as first teachers
- Importance of accessible and inclusive early education
- Developmental milestones *with updated guidelines
- Supporting language development and encouraging positive behaviors
- Benefits of Assistive Technology
- Preparing children with disabilities for school
- Early intervention and early childhood special education services