Building the Person-Centered Plan
- Review– Look at the child’s history and background information and add any more comments or thoughts.
- Current Situation- What are ongoing situations that may affect the child’s life? For example, illness, transportation, divorce, a move.
- Share vision and dreams – Brainstorm and find ways to increase opportunities related to employment, post-secondary education, community inclusion, and independent living, What are the visions and dreams for the child’s future?
- Identify Possible Problems and Opportunities – What are the things that can help make this vision and the student’s dreams a reality? What are the things that could get in the way of the plans?
- Determine Action Steps to Meet the End Goal. What are the action steps that can be completed within a short period of time and a longer period of time. Who’s going to take those steps?
- Services needed – What services and supports will your child need to reach their vision and dreams? Here’s where you can talk about people, programs, and services they may need to be connected to in order to help them reach their end goal.