Our world requires ID for so many things – travel, doctor visits, banking, working, etc. Adults need formal identification. This can be a passport, driver’s license or Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) issued photo identification. Your child should get an ID before turning 18 and renew that ID as needed. By  May 3, 2023, adults will be required to have a REAL ID card or a passport to travel within the U.S. on an airplane. You can obtain a REAL ID at your local DMV. For more information see the Department of Homeland Security website.

Table of Contents