Once someone turns 18, they can register to vote in many places including the DMV, public libraries, through DARS and DBVI, CILs, and online at the link below. If a parent has gone to court to obtain guardianship for their adult child, the right to vote will be discussed in court and may be taken away. For more information on voting go to the Department of Elections website.

Table of Contents